last updated 22.01.15
The Pulse broadcasts from 5pm Monday to Friday, bringing you all of the news that matters to you.
- URN Interviews Sir Andrew Witty added 22.01.15 We at URN got a chance to exclusively speak to the University of Nottingham Chancellor, Sir Andrew Witty, about a range of issues including why the University is pursuing a global profile and even his own time as a URN DJ!
- URN Interviews Matthew Bannister added 06.01.15 Anna from the Pulse spoke to University of Nottingham alumni and ex-Director of Radio at the BBC, Matthew Bannister to talk about everything from his career to the merits of Student Radio!
- Free Education Demo 2014 - A Protestors View added 06.01.15 With students participating in a large scale demonstration in favour of Free Education earlier this month, we spoke to one of the protesters to find out why they are campaigning as well as going around campus to find out your views on the issue.
- URN Interviews Your Women's Officers added 06.01.15 On Body Confidence Week at the University of Nottingham, the Pulse team spoke to your SU Women's Officers to find out precisely why this is such an important issues and what events are happening around campus.
- URN Interviews Bram Mertens added 06.01.15 In the wake of the ongoing Marking Boycott, The Pulse caught up with one of the University of Nottingham lecturers, Bram Mertens, to establish why staff feel this action is necessary.
- The Pulse Investigates: Prescription Fee Charges added 06.01.15 As Students come to University, they reach an age at which they are asked to pay prescription fee charges for the first time. To find out how the cost of burden for necessary medication affects students, Sam and Annabel from the Pulse got the stories from around campus and spoke to your Equal Opportunities and Welfare Officer Chloe Averill.
- The Pulse Investigates: Is your Student Loan enough? added 05.12.14 As the first batch of students who are paying £9,000 per year near the end of their degrees, we are all too aware that students suffer from a series of financial pressures. We therefore investigated this issue to find out whether your student loan can really cover your rent, food and other necessary expenditures.
- The Pulse Investigates: Marking Boycott Referendum added 20.10.14 In the run up to the upcoming referendum on whether the University of Nottingham Students Union should support the Marking Boycott referendum, we investigated in order to establish what the impact of the result of the referendum would have on students.
- The Pulse Investigates: Student Finance for Muslim Students added 08.04.14 With changes proposed to change how Muslim students are affected in claiming their Student Finance by Shariah law, Emma and the Pulse team investigated the problems that Muslim students face when they come to University.
- The Plight of Women Worldwide: Malala added 12.11.13 The Pulse investigated the case of Malala Yousafzai, the young girl who was shot by the Taliban in Pakistan on her way to school last year. Emma and the team looked at the impact this had had and what it has done for the promotion of education for women and girls worldwide.
- Student Stories: My Anorexia added 13.02.13 During Eating Disorder Awareness Week, we sat down with two University of Nottingham Student who to told us all about their eating disorders and during our conversation tried to pinpoint a root cause of their anorexia including how they coped with an eating disorder at university.
- The Pulse visits the 2012 DEMO added 22.11.12 With the 2012 DEMO happening in protest against the rise in tuition fees, we at the Pulse went down to the demonstration in London to find out the exact of thoughts of the protesters, and what they were hoping to achieve.
- URN Interviews the University of Nottingham Registrar. added 22.11.12 In the build up to the 2012 Demo against the rise in tuition fees, the Pulse team caught up with the Registrar at the University of Nottingham to find out what is being done at the University to tackle the rise in tuition fees.
- PCC Elections: How will you be voting? added 14.11.12 We went around campus to find out if you knew about the Police and Crime Commissioner elections, and whether you'd be voting.
- PCC Elections: David Milliband's view added 14.11.12 During David Milliband's visit to campus, we asked him what his views are on the Police and Crime Commissioner elections, and whether they are becoming overly politicized.
- The US Election: Who should win? added 06.11.12 We went around campus to find out what you think about the upcoming US Presidential election, and who should win.
- The US Election: How does it work? added 06.11.12 In the build up to the 2012 Presidential Election, The Pulse team explains how the election is going to work and how it is likely to be decided.
- The Pulse Investigates: The Truth About Taxis added 19.06.12 Over the past term we've been investigating the problems students face when dealing with Taxi companies in Nottingham. On Tuesday 19th June we broadcast a special edition of The Pulse called The Truth About Taxis, looking at these issues. It includes interviews with cabbies, the SU and the city council, your opinions and the results of a survey that we have been running this term.
- The Pulse Investigates: Your Hall, Your Call Campaign added 21.01.11 Over the past two days we have been looking into the Your Hall, Your Call campign and finding out what the changes made to the Halls of Residence will mean to Nottingham student.
- URN Interviews Daniel Cooper added 12.11.10 To find out more about the campaign to prevent cuts in education funding, we at the Pulse caught up with Daniel Cooper who is one of the organisers for the National Campaign Against Fees and Cuts.
- The Pulse: 2010 Student Demo Special added 10.11.10 On today's Pulse we had a special show that covered the events at the London demonstration where around 50,000 students and lecturers are thought to have taken part in protesting against the the rise in tuition fees and cuts to university spending. Our Pulse reporters Martin, Lucy, Emma and Katie were in London speaking to protesters about their views on the cuts, and the violence that broke out.
- How can you donate blood? added 05.11.10 The Pulse spoke to Holly Sheen from the Donor Relations Coordinator about when and where you can donate blood at the University of Nottingham.
- Are Universities failing to support their LGBT students? added 22.10.10 Andy investigated for the Pulse whether LGBT students are supported sufficiently whilst at University.