All competitions run by University Radio Nottingham (URN) are governed by the following rules:
1. Competitions on URN will be advertised either on air or online, detailing how to enter the competition, quantities and specifics of prizes, closing time/date, and any other restrictions/conditions of entry.
2. Competitions are open to UK residents, aged eighteen or over only, unless explicitly stated otherwise.
3. Employees of The University of Nottingham (UoN), The University of Nottingham Students' Union (UoNSU), URN Members, promoters and anyone connected to a specific promotion are not allowed to enter competitions.
4. Only one entry is allowed per person. Multiple entries will be immediately discounted.
5. Entries must be received with all required information, within the given time period, any incomplete or late entries will not accepted.
6. Competition entries must include the entrants name and telephone number (or email address where applicable). These details will only be used for the administration of competitions, and will then be destroyed.
7. Entries to competitions become the immediate property of URN, to use freely as we see fit without prior consent of the entrant.
8. On the closing of the competition, all valid entries will be selected and a a winner drawn at random. The draw will be made by the On Air Presenter, Producer or other designated member of URN. Prizes with a value of £50 or greater will be drawn by a member of the URN Committee, in the presence of an independent member of URN.
9. There is no cash alternative for any prizes, unless explicitly stated, and prizes are non-transferable.
10. Winners will be contacted personally via telephone after the competition. If a winner cannot be contacted within an hour (unless otherwise stated) of the competition being drawn, URN reserves the right to draw a new winner at random.
11. Prizes must be collected with ten Students' Union days, unless otherwise stated. URN reserves the right to give away unclaimed prizes after this period.
12. URN reserves the right to change, add to or remove from these rules at any point. Competitions may have additional or amended Terms and Conditions, which will be outlined on http://urn1350.net/terms.
13. Information, questions and complaints about competitions at URN should be addressed to the URN Head of Finance and Sales, via email on firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 0115 95 15522.
Competition Specific Rules
Red Hot World Buffet & Bar Competitions (November/December 2011):
- Prizes must be claimed by 24th December.
- Prizes cannot be exchanged for cash value or used in conjunction with any other offer.
The Official Pre-Ocean Show, Ocean Tickets & Cucamara Bar Tab (2011/2012)
- Prizes must be used on the night that the competition is run.
- URN will attempt to contact the winner as soon as they are drawn, if they cannot be contacted by 9pm, then a new winner will be drawn.
- Entry to Ocean is only valid before 11pm.
- Cucamara Bar reserve the right to refuse the price to repeat winners
- Entrants are only allowed to win this competition once per academic term. A record of all winners is kept, and previous winners in that term are inelligble for entry and their entries will be discounted.